The moment you hear Amritsar stated, your mind will surely recall the famous attraction of land The Golden Temple. This ancient land is home to several shrines and places of ancient greatness. Few top places to visit in Amritsar include Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, Durgiana Temple, Wagah Border, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum, Harike Wetland and Bird Sanctuary etc.
It is known as “The City Beautiful”, as it is declared as the best-planned city in the country. It bestows as capital city to both Punjab and Haryana. Top places to visit in Chandigarh are The Rock Garden, Morni Hills, Shanti Kunj, Sarkaria Cactus Garden, Government Museum and Art Gallery, Chhatbir Zoo, etc
It is the largest city in Punjab. Best places to visit here are Tiger Zoo, Deer Park, Punjab Agricultural University Museum, Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum, Phillaur Fort, etc.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN PUNJAB:
Below is a list of top things to do in Punjab-
- When in Punjab, do as the Punjabis do. Ditch all the fancy restaurants and taste the real Punjabi food at Dhaba.
- Get Patriotic as you watch the lowering of the flag ceremony at Wagah Border.
- Relish holy water of the Golden Temple by taking a dip.
- Cherish the history of Amritsar at Jallianwala Bagh.
- Buy a Phulkari, which is fabric that relates Punjabi culture and put on a Punjabi jutti.
- Soak yourself in the serene sunset in Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh.
- Get away from the hubbub of the town, get calm and peace at the Garden Of Silence.
- Recall the rich history of Sikhism down the lane at Virasat-e-Khalsa, a Rs 350 crore worth museum.
- Patiala peg is a must-try thing in Punjab.
- Get amused by watching children performing Gatka(a Punjabi martial art), so smoothly at the Shaheedi Jor Mela at Fatehgarh Sahib.
- Taste the local food, try all types of parathas and do not miss the glass of “Thandi lassi“.